On July 19th AmCham held Assessment Needs Discussion with AmCham Members. The key goals of the meeting were to identify needs and recommendations of the AmCham Members in short-term and long-term activity. 31 members participated in the discussion. Agenda included overview of activity plan for few months and long-term aims.
Opening the meeting AmCham Executive Director Ainura Cholponkulova familiarized AmCham Members with several approaches of the short-term plan work. Among them were advocacy, PR-strategy, thematic events and fundraising.
Within the advocacy activity AmCham plans to conduct monthly Business Lunch targeting top officials and monthly discussions/talk on investment/trade opportunities topics.
In the framework of the PR Strategy AmCham launches and conducts a PR campaign on new member recruitment and issues monthly newsletters. Last, talking about fundraising activity AmCham intends to write grant proposals based on the AmCham members recommendations.
The AmCham activity plan was approved by the participants. In the meantime, the members suggested that business-lunches and thematic events should have specific topics.
Based on above discussion the participants made the following suggestions in long-term prospective:
- To conduct marketing research among AmCham members which will allow to integrate recommendations and wishes of the AmCham members;
- To combine both formal and informal events such as talks, conferences, discussions, fairs, Business Lunches and Business Mixers;
- To design a corporate policy and issue.
Within the short-term goals AmCham plans to:
- To produce a quarterly AmCham magazine;
- To create specialized committees, consisting of AmCham members in order to professionally lobby corporate interests;
- To invite foreign Ambassadors as honorary members to AmCham;
- To develop a bylaw on AmCham Membership.